Financial Assistant – 2018 Summer Internship
Financial Assistant – 2018 Summer Internship opportunity with the Southern Office of the Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission located at The Franklin Center in Rocky Mount, VA. The position will provide administrative and financial assistance on project grants managed by the office.
The internship position reports to the Grants Program Administrator. Final work schedule for the position including start date and weekly hours will be set with the selected individual. Current estimation is that the position will start around the week of May 21 with a modified schedule (~ 8 hours a week); and will transition to 12-16 hours per week by the week of June 11 and will work through early August 2018.
Pay Range: $12.00 – 14.00 per hour commensurate with education and experience
– Perform administrative and clerical duties including but not limited to opening and date stamping mail, answering phones, responding to general inquiries and maintaining office files.
– Review and evaluate payment requests including financial reports and expense documentation for completeness and compliance with funding policies. Follow-up with grantees to request missing documentation and to gather more information as needed. Request documentation for reporting of required matching funds, and request Final Reports from grantees as needed.
– Schedule approved payments and matching funds in the organizations database with special attention to accuracy. Assemble packages for UPS delivery, including photocopying of documentation for regional office file, compiling list of payments, and delivering package to UPS drop box.
– Record grant recipient equipment purchases on asset tracking list.
– Student pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Office Administration or related field is required.
– Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately, interpret grant guidelines and funding policies, and communicate effectively both orally and in writing is essential.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required; and experience with databases is preferred.
Inquiries & To Apply:
To apply for this internship, mail or email a cover letter and resume to the Southern Office Grants Assistant, Michele Faircloth, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Michele with questions, (540) 483-0179, ext. 2139.
Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission
50 Claiborne Avenue
Rocky Mount, Virginia 24151